Hall Barn Men’s Shed
Hall Barn, Church Street, Madeley, Telford, TF7 5BT
A shed is just the place for you. It’s a great place to meet others, undertake your hobby or learn a new one. You can pass on your skills and knowledge or just come along and have a chat and a cup of tea.
What is a Men’s Shed?
- Men’s Sheds are places where men meet to enjoy their hobbies or learn new ones, make friends and enjoy each other’s company.
- A shed ideally consists of a work area with a bench or benches, a dirty area for sanding etc., a relaxing area with tea making facilities and toilet facilities.
What we’ve achieved so far
- We’ve set up our charity “Newport Men’s Shed” charity number 1160771 [So why is this on Madeley on the Map? Because of the Hall Barn branch]
- We’ve set up in two premises: our specialist woodworking workshop at Small Woods, Station Road, Coalbrookdale. Open every Wednesday 10am – 4pm and Hall Barn, Church Street, Madeley, open every Tuesday 10am – 4pm
- We’ve already been involved in a number of community projects including making disabled access picnic benches for the Severn Gorge Trust
- Other things we’ve made/built: coracles, covered porch, planters, toolboxes, notice boards, bird-boxes, bee hotels.
- Willie Gormley (Chair) 01952 525289
- Terry Kenny (Vice Chair) 01952 813667
- Ray Hislop (Treasurer) 01952 811237
These websites will give you more information about Men’s Sheds:
|Tuesday||10 - 4|